Possums are nocturnal creatures and can create havoc in your home. They are plentiful in Melbourne households and having a possum removal Melbourne expert is necessary. Though they don’t mean any harm to you, they can mess up your property like you never imagine and disturb your daily routine. As possums are native wild animals, they are protected by Australian law and must only be handled by a possum removal professional. If you’re planning to get rid of them on your own, make sure to catch them without causing any injury to them.
- Whether you’re planning to catch them in a cage using bait, make sure the cage has enough size for the possum and trap them without causing any damage to them.
- If you have successfully trapped the possum, then keep the cage away from direct sunlight, rain, pets, pet food, and wind, possums are hyperactive and may do anything to come out of the cage. The possum should be released with the help of a licensed & experienced possum removal professional.
- The captured possum should be released after sunset on the same day within 50 meters of your property.
- When you hire a possum Removal Company to get rid of them, they’ll use humane methods to eliminate them.
- If you’re in process of catching possums, make sure to block all the access points that allow these creatures to enter.
- As possums are more attracted to overflowing garbage bins, make sure to keep those bins empty, dry, and well-ventilated. It’s always best to buy garbage cans with a closed lid to prevent these messy creatures from accessing them.
- When you’re serious about getting rid of possums permanently, you can use possum repellents. However, while buying possum repellents make sure that they are not hazardous to your health.
Possums by all means cause havoc to your home and office and annoy you at their best. So, use these tips to get rid of them or get a professional possum removal team from Possum Removal Melbourne on 03 9021 3762 today.